The kids we taught at school were sometimes the source of our greatest trials while in Russia, but at other times they were the source of our greatest joys. We really got to know these kids and grew to love them. Some of them were the sweetest kids I've ever met. The little kindergartners could always bring a smile to your face. I will miss their mish-mash English, their striving to impress us, their hugs, their smiles, their over-obsession with Hello Kitty, and the way they would always unexpectedly brighten your day. I love these kids and they will always be in my heart.
The Following six photos are of the Elementary classes that either Philip or I taught:

Level 3: Vika, Alyona, Igor, Dima

Level 3: Pasha, Andre, Dima, Alexia

Level 1: Arina, Anya, Andre, Nellie, Misha

Level 1: Daniel, Kolya, Daniel, Katya

Level 2: Dasha, Olyana, Elizabeth, Felix, Simon, Vasia, Vadim (Milyenna was absent)
Level 5 (my class): Vitalik, Senya, Kolya, Sveta
The following pictures are of the kindergarten kids:

Lira biting my leg with Matvey and Yaraslov in the background (Lira is crazy and moody, but her and I grew really close, I love that girl for all her craziness)

Polina (heart- we called her Polina heart because there were 2 Polina's), Dasha (who loved to sing Alejandro and bad romance by Lady Gaga), and Liza (who was super sweet). These three girls were inseparable and were the best of friends.

Alisa, Lova, Polina (star), Era

Polina (heart), Stefania, Liza, Dasha

Olyana (who was waiting for her mom to pick her up, she isn't in kindergarten), Lika (Angelika), Liza, Polina (star), Yaraslov (the coolest five year old I have ever met), Gleb

Matvey, Timosha, Lira, Zahar, Dima (he was so hyperactive), Fyoder, Lova, Vanya, Yaromir, Evalina

Some of the kids who you can see: Alisa, Liza, Dasha, Polina (heart), Yaromir, Stefania, Evalina, Lova, Fyoder, Vanya, Gleb, Fedya (loved that kid), Lira, Polina (star), Dima, Yaraslov, Matvey, German (pronounced with a hard G)

The sign for the school

A typical elementary class room

The kindergarten classroom

Jasmyn is holding Nastya, Liza, Dasha, Polina (heart), Timosha, Egor (this little kid was all of our favorite, he came into the program not even realizing that we were speaking a different language, but progressed to where he could say simple phrases, it was amazing to see), Yaraslov (doing a cool face pose for the camera), Andre, Dima, Matvey, Vanya

Liza and Dasha showing off their Hello Kitty Love (all the kindergarten girls were OBSESSED with Hello Kitty, it was pretty cute)

Jasmyn, Nick, Sasha, Christina, Stefania (that girl will be a model someday for sure), Zahar, Lira (in her angry mood), Fyoder, Daniel (so sweet and would give the craziest hugs), Lova

Stefania holding the weather chart, these kids got really good at chanting "Sunny! Sunny! Sunny!"

Lira and I, that girl was moody and crazy, but I love her!
Every once in a while I catch myself thinking about and missing these kids. They have had such a large affect on my life, I simply hope that I left some small impact on theirs.
From Russia With Love,
Jenepher & Philip
No comments:
Post a Comment