Friday, April 29

A Few Random Things

4-18-11

A few random things from lately…….

Philip and I took Olyana on her first bus ride and even though she had to stand up on a super crowded bus for 20 minutes or so, she claims that she loved it! I think a huge part of that was that she got to use the over the street cross walk and she thought that was really cool. She said to us, “I have only walked here 1 other time in all my seven years.” Got to love how little Russian kids say things sometimes!

Olyana refused to take a good picture!

We (us teachers) went to this café that had yummy pasta and cool hot chocolate. The hot chocolate was literally just hot melted chocolate. It was super thick, but also super tasty!

On the way back from church one day, Philip and I and Jasmyn stopped by this really old Orthodox Cathedral. It is being gutted on the inside and renovated, so there wasn’t much to see inside, but it was still cool.


Olyana still loves for us to swim with her whenever we can, and for the most part we love it too!


Since things are beginning to warm up, the walk to and from the bus stop has become so much more enjoyable! It really is starting to look quite beautiful!

Walking to the bus stop:




At the bus stop!

That’s all for now!

From Russia With Love,

Jenepher & Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment