3-20-11
Philip’s birthday is today! Happy Birthday Philip! He’s 24 now and starting to feel old, but he is still as fun and as cute as ever! I just love him! And of course, he is still the sweetest male that ever lived. =) I am glad that there is a day to celebrate Philip Andrew Roberts!
24 year old Philip
Today is also our 2 year anniversary of getting engaged! I never imagined that day that 2 years later we would be in Russia! Oh, the crazy but good things that decision has brought. =)
Yesterday we celebrated with the other teachers. We made fajitas (yum! Mexican food cannot be found here and we all miss it!), ate cake and ice cream, and went bowling. The tortilla’s that they have here are huge! They are wider than my body and at least as long as half of my height. It is crazy!
We only put on candles to represent 1/4 of his age.
The bowling place we went to was pretty cool. It had lots of black lights and was newer and thus nicer looking. The only downside was the smoky air. As it should be, the birthday boy won with a score of 97. I bowled most horribly, except for 2 lucky strikes in a row (the only reason I got 73). Last night proved that being a champion at Wii bowling in no way guarantees that you will even be a decent bowler in real life. I am actually pretty sure that doing Wii bowling has made me worse at bowling. About 3 rounds in Linsey pointed out to me that I was bowling with the bottom of my wrist down… that is how Wii bowling is done, but regular bowling should not be that way… My game did improve once I was throwing the ball correctly…. Philip’s spelling abilities also have to be mentioned here… we have a girl named Jasmyn in our group… well Philip decided to get creative (not on purpose) when spelling her name for bowling and spelled it Jasymen. It gave us all, including Philip, a nice laugh. The evening was enjoyable, we feel lucky to be here with such great people.

Philip hasn’t had the chance to pick out his birthday present yet…. He wants a European man bag (so that we can stand out less with the back pack, and not be such a target for stealing, although we aren’t really too worried about that). Next weekend we will go and find him one.
All I have left to say is Philip is so incredibly amazing and I am blessed to be his wife. I love him. =D
From Russia With Love,
Jenepher & Philip




I forgot to mention, totally check out his facial hair! He has been growing it for 3 weeks now. He has never done that before!
ReplyDelete