Tuesday, January 18

10 Days!

Ten days from today is the day we will fly out of Seattle for Russia! We make a stop in Washington DC and from there fly to Moscow. From Moscow we will take a 10 hour bus ride to Voronezh, Russia where we will spend the next four months teaching! [If you would like more information about the non-profit organization we are doing this through visit www.ilp.org].
Traveling to our destination will take over 24 hours! The longest amount of time I have ever traveled at once has been about 14 hours, so I don't know how well I will handle this trip! Philip has traveled to eastern Russia before (He served in the Vladivistok Russia mission), but traveling there didn't take as long as this will either! All I know is that I am bringing one nice neck pillow and some snacks for the bus!!!
Since Voronezh is not a Russian city that very many Americans are familiar with, here is a map of its location:



Voronezh is about 350 miles south of Moscow. [I know, it should not take a bus 10 hours to drive 350 miles, but apparently it does.]
We are both really excited to begin this experience! We greatly look forward to the adventures we will have and the lessons we will learn. Stay posted because this adventure will soon begin!
From Washington (not in Russia yet :( ) With Love,
Jenepher & Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment